Lifeway Physiotherapy is committed to ensuring continuity of care in an ever-evolving environment posed by COVID-19
View the COVID-19 Factsheet
What’s happening with Lifeway Physiotherapy?
The Australian Health Minister, Greg Hunt, and Australian Physiotherapy Association consider Physiotherapy to be an essential healthcare service. We will continue to remain open unless this position is reviewed. Physiotherapy plays an integral role in the health and wellbeing of all Australian. Our foremost priority and role are to assist and help keep our community healthy and fit.
What are we doing to keep you safe?
Lifeway staff have undertaken government recommended hygiene protocols to ensure the safety and wellbeing of all our patients and staff. This includes:
- All Lifeway staff have completed the COVID-19 infection control training conducted by the Department of Health
- Regular sanitizing of all surface and high touch/contact areas like door handles, tabletops, chair armrests, treatment beds and exercise equipment
- Only alcohol-based sanitisers (as per recommended by Government protocols) are utilised
- Providing hand sanitiser for all clients upon entry into the clinic
- Minimising movement between clinic sites by all therapists – Lifeway is currently practising out of our Wantirna South branch only until 14th April 2020 (or otherwise advised)
- Enforcing social distancing measures
- Greater spacing and reduction of chairs in the waiting room
- Accompanying family member to wait in chair whilst client in the treatment room with the therapist
- Clients below 16 years of age are allowed to have an accompanying family member or guardian
- Bulk billed Medicare Telehealth Service available from 30th Mar 2020 for those who need to isolate for health reasons.